I am so excited that Easter is only a couple weeks away! It is really one of my favorite holidays of the year! I see it as such a beautiful day of hope, joy and excitement as we celebrate our risen King!
And it is such a fun family day. Even as an adult, I get so excited to watch my kids hunt for those beautiful brightly colored eggs in the morning!
And of course, there are the Easter treats!! So pretty with all the bright pastel colors, I can never have enough Easter candy! And with that thought, I realized that I haven’t made a single Easter treat yet. Ahhhh…. I am SLACKING for sure.
So I can wait no longer. I had to share these amazing Peanut Butter Gooey Easter Bars with you! These bars incorporate my favorite Easter indulgence: Peanut Butter M+M eggs. Have you tried these yet? They are sincerely gobble worthy!! I have literally been eating them by the handful straight out of the bag for a couple of weeks now.
I finally decided that I need to stop eating them out of the bag and make them into a yummy baked Easter goody!!
They are loaded with peanut butter flavor, springtime chocolate chips and these adorable peanut butter m+m’s. And to make them ultra ooey and gooey, they have condensed milk poured in the center of the bars. They are so soft and flavorful that they really are hard to eat just one. (Consider yourself warned!!)
Between my husband, myself and the three kids, I think we gobbled up the whole pan in a day and a half!
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 10 oz. bag of Nestle springtime chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips), divided
- 3/4 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. Easter peanut butter M+M's
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees and foil and spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the peanut butter until blended. Add the eggs, mixing one at a time. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the salt, baking powder, cinnamon and flour. Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture in three additions, mixing each time until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, reserving 1/2 cup for later.
- Using half the batter, drop several spoonfuls of the batter in the pan and spread and flatten evenly. Evenly pour the condensed milk on top and sprinkle the remaining half cup of chocolate chips over that. Using hands, flatten the remaining batter evenly over the top until the top is covered with the dough. Press the peanut butter M+M eggs all over the top of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges have slightly browned, the center no longer jiggles and a toothpick inserted comes out fairly clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least a half hour before slicing into it. Slice and serve.
Try these other Bar Treats!