With St. Patrick’s Day just a few days away, I had to squeeze in one more minty, green dessert. Though honestly I may, or may not have one more. 😉 Now I wouldn’t even say that this pie is meant exclusively for St. Patrick’s Day anyway. With its cool creamy pudding goodness it would also be perfect for a warm summer day. And because today is “pi” day (3.14), you really can’t go wrong whipping up this quick and easy, minty pie!! 😉
Since this is “no bake” this Grasshopper Pudding Pie can be whipped up in no time. I love the combination of the minty cream cheese layer paired with the chocolatey pudding. And the crust is an Oreo cookie crust which gives all the silky pudding a great layer of textured crunch.
I have to be honest with you though, this pie is best eaten after a meal when you already have your stomach half full. Because this No Bake Grasshopper Pudding Pie is so light and fluffy, you will feel like you can eat several pieces at once! Hey, don’t say I didn’t warn you!! 😉
Follow us on Google+.
- 2 Oreo cookie pie crusts (located in the baking aisle)
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 2 TBLS milk
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 t. peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 c. cool whip
- several drops of green food dye
- 1 c. Andes mint baking chips
- 1 3.4 oz package of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 c. cold milk
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the milk, powdered sugar, and extract and mix until incorporated
- Fold in the cool whip by hand and stir in several drops of dye until desired color is reached.
- Before adding the mint chips, Remove a cup of the mixture and cover and refrigerate to use later for garnish.
- Stir in the mint chips to the remaining mixture and cover the bottom of the pie shell with the mixture and spread an even layer that takes up half the level of the pie shell.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions and spread a layer on top of the cream cheese mixture until the top of the pie shell is reached. Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Prepare the reserved cream cheese mixture in a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe five large rosettes on the top of the pie and decorate as desired.
- Store any remaining pie covered in the refrigerator.
A note about the yield: This recipe yields two pies. If only one pie is desired, cut the first 8 ingredients in half. Since there is no way to cut the pudding in half, you will just end up with a lot of extra pudding to use as you please.
Check out these similar recipes:
Butterscotch and Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says
I love no-bake recipes, especially when they involve chocolate! And what a perfect dessert for both pie day and St. Patty’s Day! Pinned!
You know what’s funny Ashley; I forgot that tomorrow is ‘Pi” Day. I’ll have to add that to the post!! Thanks for the reminder! 🙂
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Ooooh, I love this! SO pretty too!
Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes says
I can taste the mint in this cake just from the pictures! It looks delicious! I want to be at your house on Monday!!
I love the colors and the flavor combination here! I’d just love a big slice. 🙂
Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner says
Pi Day?! I always miss these important holidays. 😉 I’m in love with this pie. I love mint so I would definitely eat this 365 days a year. I love that it’s no-bake so it’s a great option when I don’t want to turn on my oven in the hot summer. Yum yum. 🙂
Gloria // Simply Gloria says
Renee, I could eat this every season of the year… I’m seriously drooling over this slice of pie!
Thank you Gloria!
Consuelo @ Honey & Figs says
Oh wow wow wow – my mouth is watering! This pie looks incredible and you made it sound so good! I need it in my life right now ;–)
Thanks so much Consuelo!! 🙂
Happy Pi Day! This pie looks incredible Renee – love chocolate and mint and especially love that it’s no-bake too 🙂
Thank you Kelly!
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen says
This looks sssooo good Renee – and pretty too!
Thanks Kristi! These is something about mint green that is very soothing isn’t it!!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
I pretty much have to have a slice of this right now!
Thanks Julianne! 🙂
Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron says
Love, love, love this pie! Love grasshoppers, pudding, and no bake! A must try! Pinned 🙂
Thank you for the pin Chelsea!! 🙂
Oh how I love this grasshopper pie! 🙂 Just give me a fork and this pie, and I’m in heaven!! Pinning!
Thank you for the pin Jocelyn!!