In our three months of blogging, Erik and I have really fulfilled a dream we have held for many years to do something with food together. And we are thoroughly enjoying the experience on many levels! And I have met so many fun, creative and talented people through this whole experience!
So in light of our excitement we wanted to give back to our readers and those who have supported us along the way! We are giving away a $50 gift card to my favorite cooking supply store: Sur La Table. Have you ever been there? I absolutely love everything in that store! In fact, many of the tableware, silverware and linens that you see in our photos come from Sur La Table! And don’t worry; if you don’t have a store nearby, you can always use the gift card on-line!
So to enter the giveaway all you have to do is click on the Rafflecopter button and follow the instructions to “like” us on Facebook and leave a comment at the bottom of this post about what you would spend the gift card on. For an extra entry, you can follow the Rafflecopter buttons to also follow us on Pinterest. That’s it!! So good luck!! And thank you so much for continuing to visit us here at Two-in-the Kitchen!
Now onto these Red Velvet Gooey Cheesecake Bars!! So with Valentine’s Day so close, I just can’t get Red Velvet off my mind!! I have already made a beautiful Red Velvet Bundt Cake with a Cream Cheese Ribbon, and let me tell you that it was unbelievably delicious!!
This time I wanted something really quick. And it really doesn’t get easier than these bars! They are made with a box mix and condensed milk. They are sweet, cute and yummy, and the kids loved them! So if you are looking for a pretty, quick and yummy treat that just screams Valentine’s Day, this is definitely a winner!
Looking for other Red Velvet ideas? Here are some great ones from some of my friends:
- 1 box of Red Velvet Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 c. condensed milk
- 1/3 c. jimmie type sprinkles plus more for garnish
- Pre heat oven to 350 and line a 9x9 pan in parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs and butter. Batter will be thick. Put aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, egg, vanilla and condensed milk. Stir in 1/3 c. of sprinkles.
- Press approximately 2/3rds of the cake mix onto the bottom of the pan. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the top.
- Take the remaining cake dough and divide it into several small pieces. Flatten each piece and place sporadically on top of the cheesecake layer, pressing each piece down slightly, creating a "cobbled" effet.
- Sprinkle jimmie type sprinkles over the top of the cake as garnish.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until center is set and no longer jiggles. Do NOT over bake or this cake will dry out.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest on a cooling rack for at least 45 minutes before cutting into it. If you cut into it too early, it will make a mess.