Can you believe that I just recently started finding out the joys of using a slow cooker? I am not sure what has taken me so long to jump on the bandwagon. I think I just never liked the idea of prepping for dinner in the morning.
I have to say, that I am glad I finally came around because it is really nice to come home from a long day to the smell of dinner cooking on the counter top!
And this Crock Pot Beef Tamale Pie couldn’t be easier to throw together. The only prep work you need to do in the morning is to brown the meat and then stir all the ingredients together in the pot, cover, turn it on, and forget about it.
When you get home, you will mix the corn bread topping, spread it on the beef mixture, re-cover and let it cook another hour.
And that’s it! A hot, delicious meal all ready for dinner.
The best part is that the whole family loved this Beef Tamale Pie! Even my culinary grad husband got home and scarfed down a couple bowls. (He has a pretty picky palette so when he gives a thumbs up for a dish I know I’ve scored a winner!!
It’s so nice to come home from a long day’s work to a tasty Crock Pot meal cooking away on the countertop. With minimal prep work and maximum flavor, this Crock Pot Beef Tamale Pie will have you smiling! 🙂
Looking to improve your food photography this year? The thing that helped me was this simple to use Tasty Food Photography E-Book. It is easy to use, even for beginners. Trust me, my food photography noticeably improved after I started following the tips in the E-Book. And I love how you can instantly download it onto your computer immediately after you purchase it. This was the best money I ever spent to improve the quality of my blog. You can get all the information you need by clicking on the link below!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 packet of Lawry's Taco seasoning
- 2/3 c. water
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 10 oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 8.5 oz package of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet and add taco seasoning and water. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a round Crock Pot, place the browned beef, beans, tomatoes, corn and enchilada sauce, and stir. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4 hours.
- Mix the corn muffin mix with the egg and milk with a wooden spoon or whisk in a medium bowl. Spread on top of the beef mixture in the crock pot, cover and cook on low for an hour to an hour and a half.
- Serve and enjoy.
recipe adapted from: Taste of Home
Try these other Dinner Ideas: