Is anyone else still living in the Halloween aftermath? With the cold this year, we didn’t have nearly as many Trick or Treaters and I therefore have way too much candy laying around the house.
I actually had a whole bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups so I decided to make them into these super simple Chewy Blondie Bars.
These really couldn’t be easier to make. And they will be ready to eat in about 30-40 minutes. One bowl is all you need so there is less clean up when you are finished.
As you can see by the pictures, these bars turn out amazingly chewy. In fact, my husband told me not to make them anymore, as he pointed to his waistline. He had just devoured three of them at once.
My husband is normally a savory guy so whenever he gobbles up treats, I know I have found a winner!!
So grab your leftover Reese’s and make up a batch of these yummy Peanut Butter Cup Chewy Blondies. You definitely won’t have leftover candy for long!! 🙂
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (unwrapped)
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 13x9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla with a wooden spoon. Add flour, baking powder and salt and continue to combine until incorporated.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan and gently push the peanut butter cups into the top of the batter evenly. You may have to break apart one to make the last one fit. (See picture)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before cutting them into 24 bars.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Try these other sweet treats: