In my kitchen there are always brownies, cookies, bars, or cupcakes around waiting to be enjoyed as a tasty dessert or snack. In fact, if you look around my kitchen and don’t find a tasty treat lying around it is a shocking occurrence.
If this ever mistakenly happens, I quickly reach for a simple recipe with ingredients that I always have on hand and bake up a batch of something sweet and tasty.
The other day I strangely had no treats in the house so I grabbed a magazine out of my collection and came across a recipe for snickerdoodle bars. Well, I love snickerdoodles though I normally think of them as something to be savored over the holidays. So I decided to change them up a bit.
I decided that peanut butter would go very well with the cinnamon flavor that is often associated with snickerdoodles, so after a few minor tweaks, these Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Bars were born. They are simple to make with ingredients that you more than likely already have stocked in your fridge and pantry.
They are made in a 9 Inch Pan and bake up in less than an hour.
So when your sweet tooth is calling and you need something quick and easy to bake up in the oven, give these Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Bars a try. Packed with flavor and easy to make, your sweet tooth will be satisfied in a jiffy! 😉
You will need a 9 inch square baking pan for this recipe:
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and foil and spray a 9 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- cream together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar together until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and gradually add to the peanut butter mixture, beating as you go till well incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over the top of the bars.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Cut into 16 bars.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Five Star Desserts
Try these other peanut butter recipes: