So in case you didn’t notice, I am simply mad about peanut butter! I really cannot get enough peanut butter and chocolate in my life. And of course, I like many sweet combinations but if I have gone even a week or two without making a peanut butter and chocolate dessert, I feel like it has been an eternity!
So this time, my peanut butter and chocolate craving went completely over the top. I wanted something very peanut buttery and very chocolatey, and very decadent. Oh, and I didn’t want to make anything complicated or too time consuming.
So, without further ado, I give you my Peanut Butter Cup and Brownie Trifle!!
This dessert is heavenly. It is better than a bowl of ice cream. It is peanut butter and chocolate paradise! And it is so simple to put together and yet would totally impress a crowd. I mean seriously peanut butter and chocolate lovers out there, the pictures really speak for themselves don’t they!!
My husband called this trifle the best dessert I have ever put in front of him and I have to say, that I am pretty much in agreement. Go ahead, grab a spoon and indulge!!! 🙂
- 1 20 oz. box of Ghirardelli brownies ( plus the ingredients to make the brownies as per the package instructions)
- 1 10 oz. package of peanut butter chips (divided)
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Cool Whip (and extra for garnish on the top)
- 1 3.4 oz package of instant chocolate or Devil's Fudge pudding
- 2 c. cold milk
- 20-25 mini Reese's peanut butter cups cut in half (reserving 5 for garnish on the top.)
- Bake the brownies according to the package directions except stir in 1 cup of the peanut butter chips before pouring into the pan.
- Remove from the oven and set the brownies aside to cool.
- Prepare the peanut butter filling by mixing the cream cheese and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar and mix until blended.
- Fold in the Cool Whip by hand and stir in the remaining peanut butter chips.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the pudding according to the package directions and cover and place in the refrigerator.
- When the brownies are completely cooled, assemble the trifle.
- Cut up the brownies into 1 inch squares and layer the trifle, starting with a layer of brownies and peanut butter cups, then the peanut butter filling, then the pudding, and continue 1 more round, finishing with brownies and peanut butter cups on the top.
- Top the whole trifle off with a dollop of Cool Whip, sprinkled with the reserved peanut butter cups coarsely chopped.
Try these similar recipes: