Wow Christmas is coming fast this year! I don’t know if it is just because Thanksgiving was late this year, or because school lets out late this year but I seriously cannot believe that Christmas is next week! And with the holidays fast approaching, I bet a lot of you have some potlucks that you are attending where you are expected to bring a dish to share. Well, boy do I have an appetizer for you!!! My incredibly talented hubby just made these amazing Orange Sriracha Chicken Satay skewers served up with a delicious peanut sauce. Oh. my. heavens….these are GOOD!!!!!
Let’s talk about what makes these skewers so amazing: Can you see that delicious orange Sriracha sauce just clinging to the chicken? Well it is a sweet and spicy delight to your tastebuds!! This orange glaze alone makes the chicken skewers worth every bite, but on top of that, there is this incredible peanut sauce to give it the finishing touch. The peanut sauce is based on roasted peanuts with coconut milk, and brown sugar and it really compliments the orange sauce perfectly.
I am so glad that Erik plans to bring this to a potluck we are attending soon because I seriously can’t wait to eat these skewers again!! I am telling you; if you bring these Orange Sriracha Chicken skewers to your Christmas potluck, it will be the rave of the party!!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 in. cubes
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Fresh Ginger
- Bamboo Skewers
- 1 Cup of Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- Cut up the chicken and place in a large bowl or zip lock freezer bag and add the soy sauce, oil, pepper, and ginger. Mix until chicken is covered, and refrigerate while you are working on the glaze and the sauce. Soak the bamboo skewers in a bowl of water.
- Squeeze the oranges and pass the juice through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds and a little of the pulp. Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan and reduce to a glaze over medium heat. Approximately 15-20 minutes, though time will vary depending on the size of the pot.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Skewer up the chicken and grill or broil turning as needed until cooked through. Remove from the heat, brush on the glaze, and serve with the peanut sauce immediately.