The Superbowl is only two days away. How exciting is that!
I am going to reveal a little disclosure here: I really couldn’t care less about football and don’t even know which teams are IN the Superbowl this year. I know, shocking right!! With all the hype over football you would swear that the national passtime is no longer baseball.
Even though I don’t care about football, I still watch the Superbowl. But I mostly care about the food. And I sometimes like the commercials too though honestly I feel like they haven’t been as good in the past couple of years. Does anyone else agree?
This year I am baking up these amazing Maple Chicken Tenders. They are coated in a pretzel crust and are baked in the oven. I swear that they really couldn’t be easier to make. They turn out crispy and full of flavor.
In fact, they are so yummy and easy to make that you honestly better make a double batch because your guests are going to gobble them up before kick-off!
Have fun watching the Superbowl on Sunday! And no matter who wins, you are going to have an incredibly tasty time when you make these Maple Chicken Tenders. Don’t forget; Make a double batch. You’ll need it!! 🙂
These kitchen tools will help you make the recipe:
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 2 pounds of chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of finely crushed pretzel crumbs
- 1 cup of bred crumbs
- 1/2 c. maple syrup ( use REAL maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil, divided
- dipping sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Season the tenders with salt and pepper.
- Mix the crushed pretzels and bread crumbs together in a medium bowl or large freezer bag and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg and maple syrup together.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and pour half of the oil on the bottom of the sheet.
- Dip each tender in the maple syrup mixture and then coat the tenders in the pretzel/bread crumbs.
- Place each tender on the rimmed sheet. Repeat the procedure for each of the tenders. Drizzle the top of the tenders with the remaining oil.
- Bake at 475 for ten minutes, flip the tenders and bake another ten minutes. Remove from the oven and serve promptly with your favorite dipping sauce. I used honey mustard.
Try these other chicken ideas: