Welcome back to our second installment of ‘what to do with pumpkin snicker doodles”……..besides eating them, of course. 😉
On Friday, We made a yummy batch of pumpkin snicker doodles. If you didn’t see that post it is right here.
If you made them, hopefully you did not eat the whole batch. Because we are going to need about 20 of those cookies to make these beautiful Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Parfaits.
I love making parfaits and trifles. They are easy to put together and they taste so creamy and delicious. And if they are in an individual Ball jar like this it feels very special to have a dessert all to yourself.
If you make them for company, guests will feel pampered in an extra special way because they can even put the lid on and take these home with them to enjoy when they please.
These Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Parfaits start with the pillowy, soft and yummy homemade pumpkin snickerdoodles that we made the other day. There are 4 cookies broken up and layered in the jar in between pumpkin pudding and cinnamon cream cheese filling. They look and taste like fall in a jar.
And they are topped off with a whole cookie that tells guests what they have to look forward to inside!
So go and bake up a batch of pumpkin snicker doodles. But don’t just stop there. Take the extra step and assemble these gorgeous but simple Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Parfaits. You’ll be glad you did!! Happy Fall!! 🙂
- 20 Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies ( see here for homemade version)
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. Cool Whip topping
- 1 c. cinnamon chips (optional)
- 1 3.4 oz package of Jello Pumpkin spice instant pudding
- 2 c. cold milk
- 4 Ball Mason Jars
- Break the cookies into several large pieces reserving 4 and place them all aside and prepare the cream cheese filling
- Prepare the cream filling by placing the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and mixing it at medium speed until smooth. Add the milk, brown sugar and powdered sugar and blend until smooth. Carefully fold in the cool whip until well blended. stir in the cinnamon chips if desired. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the parfaits.
- Make the instant pudding according to package directions and place aside.
- Assemble the parfaits by placing the broken pieces of two cookies into the bottom of each jar.
- Drop two spoonfuls of cream cheese filling and then two spoonfuls of pudding. Repeat this process two more times ending with a dollop of cream filling at the top.
- Screw the lids on the jars and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, unscrew the tops and place a cookie in the top of each jar!
- Any leftover parfaits should be stored covered in the refrigerator.
Try these other parfaits and trifles