Make sure to read through to the end of this post because we have a fabulous giveaway for you to enter to win a Harry and David’s gift basket!
So far we have done a recipe for Bananas Foster French Toast, Asian Chicken Wonton Salad with Clementines, Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake, Berries for Breakfast; Two Ways and now we end our series where we left off. With Bananas!
These Banana Cream Pudding Parfaits were inspired once again by a dessert that I enjoyed at a restaurant where my husband and I used to wait tables called Pappadeaux. They had this delicious banana pudding in Ball mason jars that I absolutely loved. Ever since that restaurant closed, I have craved this dessert every so often.
Recently I thought how easy it would be to replicate these delicious little treats!
Now here is where I differed from my inspiration puddings because instead of using Nilla wafers, I used Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies. I think they are so cute sticking out of the top of the jars to give a little hint that more will be found inside!
Finally, I think I really improved the original recipe by including several layers of cream cheese filling! Oh my goodness, does this creamy, sweet component really send this dessert over the top!! After sitting in the refrigerator for a while, all the flavors just marry together to form one decadent and delicious dessert!
We hope you have enjoyed our fruit series and that it has inspired you to incorporate fresh fruit into your dishes during these beautiful spring weeks!
Which recipe was your favorite?
And now for a giveaway! To celebrate fruit, we are giving away a Harry and David’s Gift basket! It’s called the Crater Lake Gift Basket and it contains their Royal Riviera Pears, Moose Munch, cheese and crackers and more! To enter, follow the Raffle Copter instructions below. Good Luck!! (Wine is NOT included in the prize.)
The Giveaway runs until April 8th, 5:00pm Central Time at which point a winner will be chosen. The winner will be notified and must respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Contest is open to those who are 18 or older and are U.S. citizens.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. Cool Whip topping
- 1 3.4 oz package of French Vanilla instant pudding
- 2 c. cold milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 7.25 oz. package of Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
- 4 Ball Mason Jars
- Prepare the cream filling by placing the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and mixing it at medium speed until smooth. Add the milk and powdered sugar and blend until smooth. Carefully fold in the cool whip until well blended. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the parfaits.
- Make the instant pudding according to package directions and place aside. Slice up the bananas into 1/2 inch slices.
- Into the bottom of each mason jar, place the pieces of one cookie that you have broken by hand. ( Err on the side of larger pieces of cookie when breaking them up instead of crumbs) Place a few pieces of banana in each jar. Drop two spoonfuls of cream cheese filling and then two spoonfuls of pudding. Repeat this process two more times only this time break up two cookies per jar for each layer, making sure to save 4 cookies to display on the top of each jar. The top of the jars should end with the cream cheese mixture. Screw the lids on the jars and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, unscrew the tops and place a cookie in the top of each jar!
Try these other banana recipes: