Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I seriously can’t believe that summer has arrived! With that long rough winter, I was beginning to think that summer would never get here!
With the coming of summer, we are all going to need some tasty “no bake” desserts that we can bring along to our summer BBQ’s and picnics. Because who really wants to turn the oven on in the house to add to the heat!
We are also going to need some fun things to decorate our houses for the summer so stick around to the end of this post for a fun giveaway!!
I’m also ready for some yummy strawberries in my life. To me, strawberries just scream summer flavor!
These pretty Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits just couldn’t be easier to assemble! They start with Sara Lee pound cake so you don’t have to turn on the oven. There is a little bit of minimal stovetop cooking in order to make the strawberry filling, but honestly, it only takes minutes!
And these parfaits are layered in Ball jars which I think makes them pretty, cute, and irresistible!
And these are so great to get the kids involved! I give each kid a jar of their own and let them layer it up! It’s a great little edible craft for the kids to assemble!
And speaking of cute little things, I have a great giveaway for you all today! I have recently come across this great site called “Catching Fireflies” (catchingfireflies.com).
This is the kind of site that I could spend a morning perusing through all their fun whimsical goodies (a lot of items are under twenty dollars by the way!).
I could seriously go nuts over all their fun magnets! Since I’m in the kitchen a lot, I love seeing fun, whimsical magnets all over my fridge!
And this is a perfect time of year to take a look at all they have to offer. Do you have any graduates in your life that need some unique gifts? Check out their inspirational gifts especially for graduates.
What about Father’s Day? Catching Fireflies offers some fun guy gifts especially for dad!
Catching Fireflies has offered a great coupon code for all of my Two in the Kitchen readers that will give you 20% off your purchase for the next thirty days as of this post. Just use the coupon code: “TWO” at checkout time (TWO is for “Two-in-the-Kitchen”) and you will receive 20% off your purchase.
And for one of my lucky readers, I’m so excited that Catching Fireflies has offered a great gift! One of you will win a $43 gift certificate to spend at this fun site! Yes, $43 may sound a little quirky but that’s ok: so are they!!! 😉 Oh, and $43 dollars can go far on their site too!! Just follow the directions on the rafflecopter box below for several chances to win. Good luck!! 🙂
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I am not being compensated for this post and all the opinions stated are my own. Catching Fireflies has generously provided the prize for one of my lucky readers!
- 4 c. of sliced strawberries, stems removed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 TBLS corn starch
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. Cool Whip topping
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 3.4 oz package of Vanilla instant pudding
- 2 c. cold milk
- 1 Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake, thawed and cubed
- 4 Ball Mason Jars
- In a medium pot, place the strawberries, sugar and corn starch and heat over medium low, stirring occasionally until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Place the strawberry filling in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Make the cream cheese filling by mixing the cream cheese, until smooth. mix in the milk, powdered sugar and vanilla. Fold in the cool whip. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for an hour.
- Pour the pudding powder in a medium bowl and whisk in the cold milk as per instructions on the box. Cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- When the parfaits are ready to be assembled, place a few cubes of pound cake in the bottom of each of the four jars and layer the strawberry filling, pudding and cream cheese on top. Repeat this process one more time ending with the cream cheese layer. Garnish with fresh strawberries on the top if desired.
- Makes 4 jars.
Try these other quick treat ideas: