It is so hard to believe that summer is already winding down isn’t it! As a teacher, I, and my kids go back to school in exactly two weeks. I know that many schools across the country start even sooner than that. How about you? Do your kids go back soon?
Well I am still savoring as much of the summer as I can. I am also already looking back at some of the fun things we did this summer with fond memories.
One of my favorite things we did was our family trip to Disney World back in June. I shared this post where I highlighted several of the yummy cupcakes that we ate in the “World”.
One of the yummiest was this pretty strawberry cupcake that I got from the Board Walk Bakery. In fact, it was so yummy and pretty that I decided I wanted to make a copycat version. This Strawberries n Cream Chocolate Cupcake that I came up with turned out amazing and takes me right back to Orlando!!
The cupcake at Disney was jumbo sized so I started off with a Jumbo Muffin Pan. You’ve got to get one of these if you don’t have one yet! Each jumbo cupcake is basically the size of two regular size cupcakes, so it is double the fun!
I started with a light chocolate cupcake batter. Light, and not dark because I didn’t want the strawberry flavor of the frosting to be overpowered by the chocolate of the cupcake.
I then piped an irresistible strawberry and chocolate chip cream cheese frosting all over the top and crowned the whole thing with a chocolate covered strawberry.
The result is a pretty cupcake that everyone will want to sink their teeth into!
Hey, even if you can’t go to Disney World right this second, you can still enjoy the yummy treats that they have to offer. I’ve got you covered with this sensational Strawberries and Cream Chocolate Cupcake!
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 4 TBLS butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. pureed strawberries
- 3-4 c. powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached
- 1/2 c. mini-semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6-12 strawberries, depending on the size cupcakes you are making.
- 1 8 oz package of "Dolci Frutta" (found in the produce section)
- Pre heat oven to 350*. Line 6 jumbo muffin tins with baking cups or 12 regular sized muffin tins would also work well.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each is added. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the flour mixture gradually to the butter mixture, mixing until combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into the 6 jumbo muffin tins or 12 regular muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add strawberries and beat until combined. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes
- Make the chocolate strawberries according to package directions and top each cupcake with a chocolate strawberry
Try some of these related recipes: