Even though it doesn’t feel like it, it really is the middle of summer. I am sitting inside the house right now in the third day in a row of 60 degree cloudy weather. This is SO unusual for summer time in Chicago when it is normally hot, and humid. Oh well, at least it isn’t winter! 😉
Even though it doesn’t feel much like summer, I am going to enjoy it as if it is a hot muggy summer. And this Skillet S’Mores Brownie will have me feeling like summer in no time!
This summery brownie is so easy to make! Just start with a boxed brownie mix. By the way, I always use Ghirardelli when I use boxed brownies because the intense chocolate flavor is just impossible to beat.
Mix up the brownies and pour it in a Lodge cast iron pan. I love my cast iron pan and use it for so many different things. It is perfect for this recipe and will really make you feel like building a camp fire!
Bake the brownies in the skillet pan for about 30 minutes and when you take it out, you will cover the top with large marshmallows. Place it under a broiler and get the marshmallows brown. -Just be careful not to burn them, because who likes burned marshmallows, Eeww.
Then you are going to cover the whole thing with hot fudge and Golden Grahams.
This Skillet S’Mores Brownie is best eaten shared! So grab a bunch of spoons, place it in the middle of the table and dig in while it is warm! This would also be great to share around a campfire. And with the weather being as mild as it has been lately, a campfire and this warm Skillet S’Mores Brownie would really hit the spot. Enjoy!! 🙂
Don’t forget your Lodge Skillet pan for this recipe!
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 1 boxed brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate)
- ingredients as per the box of brownies
- 40-45 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup hot fudge
- 1/2 cup Golden Grahams cereal
- Preheat oven to 350* and mix brownies according to package instructions.
- Spray a medium cast iron skillet with cooking spray and pour brownie mix in the pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean.
- Remove from the oven and place the marshmallows on top.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the rack on the top rung. Place the skillet under the broiler and carefully brown the marshmallows for a few minutes. It is best to keep the door open and watch carefully so the marshmallows do not burn. Move the pan as needed so the marshmallows are evenly browned.
- Warm up the hot fudge in the microwave and drizzle it over the top of the browned marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the Golden Grahams over the top. Drizzle more fudge if you have any remaining. Serve immediately while warm.
Try these other brownie desserts: