When it’s summer time, I tend to crave lighter fare. So when I was in the grocery checkout the other day and spied this America’s Test Kitchen Best-Ever Light & Healthy Recipes magazine, I knew I had to get it!
And the recipe on the cover was just the recipe that I knew I would make first. It was this lightly sauteed chicken breasts with a tomato and olive relish. Because I love all three of the main ingredients this dish was a no brainer for me. So I got out my trusty Lodge cast iron pan and went to work.
This dish comes together quickly and in less than thirty minutes, a delicious and healthy meal will be ready for your dinner table!
The original version called for feta cheese to be crumbled over the top as well, but I wanted to make this dish even lighter so I omitted the cheese.
For this busy mom, a delicious and light chicken dish that can be on the dinner table in less than thirty minutes is a must! I hope you enjoy these Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Olives as much as I did. Enjoy! 🙂
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 1/2 c. flour
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 4 t. vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3rd c kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 TBLS water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, place flour in a shallow bowl and dredge the chicken in the flour.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts until well browned on the first side. 6-8 minutes. Flip the breasts and cook for 6-8 minutes more or until chicken registers 160 degrees. Move chicken to a platter and cover with foil.
- To make the tomato relish, add the garlic to the oil left in the skillet and cook over medium heat for half a minute. Add the tomatoes, olives and water and cook. Scrape any browned bits in the pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes. season with salt and pepper. Spoon the relish over the breasts and serve immediately.
Recipe slightly adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Best-Ever Light & Healthy Recipes
Try these other chicken recipes: