So how many of you make new year resolutions?
And how many of you have already broken yours? Ha, just kidding.
Well I don’t know if I actually make resolutions, but I do find that the beginning of the year is a good time to reflect on things that I could be doing differently to make life a little easier or more enjoyable.
One of my “New Year’s resolutions” so to speak is to cook more meals for my family instead of getting take out.
Now you may be thinking ‘but Renee, you have a food blog, don’t you cook all the time?’ Well, the funny thing about that is, if you read my ‘about page‘ you would see that I am the baker of my little kitchen duet and that my husband is the one who has a culinary degree.
But although my husband cooks on the weekends, he is not home at nights on the week days. So that leaves me alone all week to fend for myself to cook meals for the kids. And having a job as a teacher, I often get home too wiped out to make dinner and frequently find myself either ordering take-out or making something frozen.
So, that is why I say my resolution is to cook more meals during the week. I find it is easiest to do this when I purposefully plan meals out for the week. Let’s face it; I am far more likely to cook dinner when I get home from work if I already have the ingredients on hand then I would be if I had to go grocery shopping first.
So let’s talk about this pork tenderloin dish. It is easy to make, delicious and healthy. In my book it is hard to find a better combination!
I love pairing pork with fruit and these strawberries really hit the spot. Not only are there strawberries to garnish the pork but you will also make a savory strawberry sauce to cook the pork in. This dish would be great for Valentine’s Day, springtime when strawberries are in season, or anytime you are looking for a delicious healthy meal.
If eating healthier and cooking your own meals is important to you then this Pork Tenderloin dish with strawberries and feta is for you. Here’s to a new year of healthy eating! 🙂
Here are some kitchen tools to help with this recipe:
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 1 1/2 c. reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 c. chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 c. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds of pork tenderloin cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 2 TBSP cold water
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta
- 1/2 c. chopped green onion
- Combine broth, 1 cup of strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes uncovered or until the mixture thickens slightly. Strain the mixture saving the liquid and discarding the solids.
- Sprinkle the pork with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the pork on both sides. Place in a dish and cover it with foil to keep it warm.
- Add the reserved broth mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually add it to the broth.
- Return the pork to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat. cook and stir for a few minutes until the sauce is thickened and the pork is tender. Serve the pork with the sauce.
- Garnish the pork with strawberries, feta and onions.
recipe source: Taste of Home
Try these other great dinner ideas: