October is almost over. How did that happen so fast?? The leaves on the trees right now are a vibrant red and beautiful bright orange. October is by far one of my favorite months of the year. I will be sad to see it go. I had to get at least one more pumpkin recipe in before the month is over.
These soft Pumpkin Cookies are so perfect for this time of year. Especially because they are covered in a delicious cinnamon cream cheese frosting. In case you haven’t figured it out, cream cheese is one of my favorite things on the planet.
These cookies are so easy to make and like all pumpkin treats, will fill your kitchen with the aroma of fall.
Get baking! You only have a few days of October left. Make sure to end it with a pumpkin celebration by indulging in some great pumpkin treats like these soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
Try these kitchen cooking tools for this recipe:
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 6 T. butter, softened
- 1 T. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- additional milk as per desired consistency
- Pre-heat oven to 375*F. Beat sugars, butter, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until blended. Beat in the pumpkin and eggs.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and add to the pumpkin mixture, mixing in three additions until incorporated.
- Drop by large tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing them to a rack to cool completely.
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth
- Add the powdered sugar in several additions, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add more milk, a tablespoon at a time until the frosting reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cookies. Sprinkle the top with some cinnamon if desired. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Recipe adapted from: Betty Crocker
Try some other great pumpkin treats: