Fall is now in full swing and I am really getting into the flavors of the season. So here is my first pumpkin recipe of this year. I know. This is rather late in the season for most food bloggers to be posting a first pumpkin recipe, but I really can’t get into pumpkin until October.
So in honor of October starting this week, I am now ready for some pumpkin in my life.
This Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie recipe is based off of these Cheesecake Brownies I made after I got back from Disney last summer. The brownie portion is dense and super chocolatey and the cheesecake portion is creamy and full of pumpkin flavor.
It makes an elegant presentation when you slice them in large squares and top them with a dab of whipped cream. I’ve also made these bite sized to take into work because they are then easy to just grab one (or two) with your fingers as you are rushing around the office.
However you serve them, you can be sure they will go quickly because they are the perfect fall treat. Pumpkin and chocolate work amazing together!
How about you? Are you a pumpkin fan? What is your favorite pumpkin treat in the fall?
Oh, and if you are looking for more pumpkin inspired treats, be sure to check out some of these great ideas from some of my blogger friends by clicking on the links below!
Happy pumpkin season!! 🙂
Try these pumpkin desserts from my blogger friends:
Pumpkin Spice Cookies: Crazy for Crust
Mini Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecakes: Flavor the Moments
Pumpkin Chip Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies: Life Made Sweeter
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Donuts: Whole and Heavenly Oven
Pumpkin Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Maple Frosting: Mom on TimeOut
Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake with Candied Walnuts: Inspiration Kitchen
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 2/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks) melted
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3 TBLS. cornstarch
- 2 8-oz. boxes of cream cheese
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBLS. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and foil and spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
- Beat the flour mixture and eggs on low speed until smooth. Slowly add the melted butter and beat just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center no longer jiggles, and a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool while you make the cheesecake batter.
- Lower the oven temp to 325 degrees.
- Cream the sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and mix thoroughly. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold in the heavy cream.
- Spread the batter on top of the baked brownies and bake for approximately an hour or until the edges are slightly browned and the center no longer jiggles.
- Cool completely and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
Try these other recipes: