Happy Black Friday!! I hope that you enjoyed Thanksgiving with your family! I had a wonderful day of baking, cooking and eating with mine! 😉
And now that we are officially in the Holiday season, it is time to make Christmas cookies!!
Making Christmas cookies with my kids is one of my favorite things to do during the Holiday season. And these Mint Chip Brookie Cups couldn’t be any easier to make with your own kiddos!
And wearing Flirty Aprons while you bake makes the cookie making experience even more fun! A few weeks ago, I let all my kids pick out a Flirty Apron of their choice on-line. When they arrived in the mail a few days later, my kids had the BIGGEST smile on their faces!
My youngest son Alex picked out this adorable “My Cape is On Backwards” apron. Alex is one big ham, and loves wearing things backwards anyway. So as soon as he saw it online he knew that this was the apron for him. In fact, he kept asking when his “backward cape” would come in the mail!! 😉
Now these Mint Chip Brookie Cups are so easy to make that my seven year old son Alex could really do it by himself with minimal supervision from me.
I love watching my kids as they carefully measure out their ingredients and stir with the outmost care. Oh, and there is daddy in the background fixing himself something to eat after work. We are always in the kitchen together!!
When kids are in the kitchen, there is always going to be a bit of a mess. But so what? That is part of the fun right! And with Flirty Aprons, you can protect your clothes while making a mess!
I love my Flirty Apron, which my son Alex picked out for me. He said, “mommy will look pretty with a pink polka dot bow” 😉 – I swear, I could just eat him up sometimes!!
It is just so fun baking cookies with my children. Sure I could make them quicker myself, but where would the memories be? And there is just something about wearing aprons together that add another element of fun to the experience.
Don’t you think these Flirty Aprons would make a great gift for the holidays? Or you could even get them right away so you can start making some kitchen memories with your kids. Check out their website here. They always have a deal of the day and they will arrive at your house in just a few days!
These Mint Chip Brookie Cups start with a simple Ghirardelli brownie mix. And as you see, after Alex mixed up the batter, he is now using a small cookie scoop to drop the batter into a mini muffin pan.
After this you will make a simple cookie batter, and use the same cookie scoop to drop cookie batter right on top of the brownie batter.
We then put a few mint chips on top of the cookie batter so they will show all pretty after they are done baking.
See how the brownie portion bakes up around the cookie dough portion? It really couldn’t be easier to have the best of both worlds! These Mint Chip Brookie Cups are a little bit brownie, a little bit cookie, and come together in a snap!
So get your kids in the kitchen this Holiday season and bake up some of these yummy and fun to make Mint Chip Brookie Cups!! :
I have joined a group of blogger friends to give you a lot of great Christmas cookie ideas. Check out all the other recipes below!
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love and think you might benefit from them. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 20 oz. box of Ghirardelli brownies. ( I used triple chocolate but double chocolate would work just as well) and the ingredients as per the box instructions
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. + 1 TBL brown sugar
- 1/4 c. + 1 TBL granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. Nestle Winter Mint chips + more for decorating the tops
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with baking spray.
- Mix brownies according to package directions and using a small cookie scoop or spoon, place some of brownie batter into each muffin hole. (about 1/4 -1/2 full)
- In a medium bowl, Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, and two types of sugars until blended. Add egg and mix. Add flour mixture in two or three additions and mix thoroughly until blended.
- Stir in mint chips by hand. Mixture will be thick.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, place a small ball of cookie dough on top of the brownie mixture in each muffin hole.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 16-18 minutes or until the tops are firm and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Press two or three mint chips in the top of each brookie. Allow to rest in the pan for ten minutes, and then using a knife, carefully loosen the brookie cups from the tin and allow to cool on a cookie rack.
- Makes approximately 30 brookie cups.
Try these other cookie recipes: