It’s the Christmas season and my favorite thing to do is to make Christmas cookies with my kids.
We have been baking up a storm lately and I am so excited to share some of our favorite cookies with you this week. This week on the blog, we will have a Christmas cookie extravaganza!
To start with, these chocolate dipped shortbread cookies are not only rich and delicious, but they are a lot of fun to make!
First, you bake them in a pan. Then you will cut them into pieces and bake them again on a cookie sheet. After they have cooled, you will dip them in chocolate and sprinkle them up all pretty.
Your kids will have so much fun dipping the cookies in the chocolate and making them all pretty with sprinkles. And baking with your kids is always more fun (and less messy) when you wear your Flirty Aprons.
If you follow my blog regularly, you have probably seen pictures of my kids wearing their Flirty Aprons before. I’m telling you, they go nuts whenever I tell them that we are going to bake cookies. They run and grab their aprons and beg me to help them put it on.
And Flirty Apron has so many different styles that you are sure to find one that perfectly matches the personality of you or your child.
My youngest loves goofy things so so the phrase “My Cape is on Backwards” was absolutely perfect for him. My older boy loves all things BBQ so “BBQ Prince” worked great for him. My daughter, loving all things frosted went crazy over this “cupcake” apron.
Just check out the Flirty Apron site for the perfect apron for you, your kids, husband or friend. These aprons make perfect gifts for the holiday season!
These Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies just speak “Christmas” to me. They have a rich chocolatey flavor. They are very tender and I love the holiday nonpareils sprinkled on top. The texture works perfect with the smooth and creamy chocolate coating!
The Christmas season sure doesn’t last long. So grab your kids, your aprons and your mixing bowls and get baking! And come back and see us all this week for some more Christmas cookie inspiration! 🙂
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love and think you might benefit from them. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3 oz. semi sweet baking chocolate, melted (use a quality chocolate like Ghirardelli)
- 2 c. flour
- 4 oz of semi sweet baking chocolate (use a quality chocolate like Ghirardelli)
- 1 t. vegetable oil
- sprinkles like nonpareils
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 inch baking pan with foil and spray with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and melted chocolate and continue mixing until smooth. Add the flour in three additions and mix just until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and bake for forty minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least ten minutes.
- Slice the cookies into 20 rectangles. Place on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper and bake another ten minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the cookies to a cookie rack to fully cool.
- Prepare the chocolate coating by melting the chocolate in a microwave in 40 second intervals until melted and stir in the oil.
- Dip each cookie a third of the way into the chocolate mixture, lay on a sheet of waxed paper and immediately sprinkle with nonpareils or other decorations. Allow the cookies to rest until the chocolate is fully set. About twenty minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Try these other cookie recipes: