Even though I have been on “spring” break with my kids for the past few days, you would never guess by the weather. In fact, on Monday it literally snowed 5 inches. I think it actually snowed more for “spring” break this year than it did for “winter” break!
My 7 year old son was just lamenting that this was not the spring break that he had imagined. No walks to the park, no trips to the zoo. *sigh… oh well, it’s still nice to have no school!
Even though it doesn’t seem like spring here in the Chicago area, spring is definitely on the horizon. And so is Easter! I was just looking at the calendar and noticed that Easter is only in two weekends. And I haven’t even posted a single Easter-ish recipe yet.
Well, that changes today! Because these Fudgy Peanut Butter Crumb Bars will get the whole family ready for Easter! I just love the pastel colors on these pretty Easter egg M+M’s. With 5 inches of snow, it may not look like spring outside, but the beautiful pastel colors in these crumb bars are definitely putting me in the Easter spirit.
And, of course, if it isn’t the Easter season when you are reading this, you could always swap out the Easter peanut butter M+M’s for regular peanut butter M+M’s.
Easter is only 2 weeks away everyone, so go and get your bake on with these scrumptious Fudgy Peanut Butter Crumb Bars!
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3/4 c. peanut butter
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag of peanut butter M+M's (Or Easter peanut butter M+M's)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Beat butter, peanut butter, flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Reserve 3/4 c. of the batter for topping later on. Press the remaining into the bottom of the pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine condensed milk and chocolate chips and heat over medium-low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted. Stir in the vanilla. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the reserved peanut butter dough over the top of the fudge layer, place M+M's on top and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool before slicing into bars.
Try these other peanut butter treats: