Calling all peanut butter and caramel lovers: I have the Ultimate cookie for YOU!!! These amazing peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are covered with a caramel drizzle and stuffed with delicious Rollos!! Oh. My. Heavens!!
So I was inspired to create these dream cookies after our family trip to Disney World last month. You know, the place where ‘dreams come true’!! (You can read about our trip here.)
In the German pavilion at Epcot, I indulged in these amazing peanut butter, caramel drizzled cookies (below).
They were fabulous! So when I got home, I immediately set out to recreate these beauties! And let me tell you: These cookies turned out phenomenal!!
In fact, I have to say that they are the best cookies I have ever made! And, I think I improved them even from the original inspiration.
Here is why they are even better: When I bit into those beautiful cookies at Epcot, I was expecting them to be filled with caramel, not just covered with them.
So after taking several bites, I was a little disappointed that my teeth didn’t sink into any caramel on the inside of the cookie.
Nooo, that didn’t stop me from devouring the whole thing. 😉 But it did get my wheels spinning about what I could do to add a caramel surprise inside as well as outside the cookie.
The answer: Rolos!! Stuffing a cookie with a Rolo is so super easy and the result is dynamite!!
I love seeing people’s reactions when they bite into the cookie, and their eyes go wide and they ask: “What is the liquidy, delicious center in this cookie made from??” (They can’t quite place it!)
They are always surprised when I explain that it is simply a Rolo stuffed in the center!
If you are a caramel and peanut butter fan, I’m telling you, you will flip for these cookies!! And you can make them in the comfort of your own home. No traveling to Disney World required!! 😉
- 1/2 c. quick oatmeal
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 12 oz. bag of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Rolos, unwrapped. (you need 30-35)
- 18 Werther's baking caramels, unwrapped
- 6 TBLS whipping cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Place the oatmeal in the bowl of a food processor (or use a 'Magic Bullet') and pulse until the oatmeal is ground up fine.
- Place the ground oatmeal in a medium bowl and stir it in with both sugars. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Alternately, mix in the sugar mixture and the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, (1 1/2-2 TBLS) scoop out cookie dough and flatten in your hand. Place an unwrapped Rolo in the center of the dough and wrap the dough around it. Place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Place each cookie a couple inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until they begin to slightly brown. Do not over bake.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet before removing the cookies to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the caramels and whipping cream over medium heat and stir together until smooth.
- Spoon the caramel over the cookies, or use a ziploc bag, cutting a hole in the corner to drizzle the caramel more evenly over the cookies.
- Leave some cookies without the drizzle if you prefer.
- Makes 30-35 cookies
Try these similar recipes:
Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
Salted Caramel Brownie Shortbread Bars
they look yummy!
Thank you Dina! 🙂
Can I just say “wow”? These look amazing! I tried baking with Rolos last year in a pan of blondies and they got really hard on me. Obviously I did something wrong, because everything looks right about these cookies. 🙂
Thank you Marcie! You know what; when I made my carmelitas, earlier this year, the caramel peeking out all around the edges got hard too. I think with caramel, the trick is to keep it inside whatever it is you are baking, Thanks again!!! 🙂
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen says
Oh my goodness!!! You are seriously trying to kill me with these cookies. Where do I file my claim??? For more cookies, of course! Serious swoon going down over here. Pinned!
“Where do I file my claim”!! You crack me up Kristi!! Thanks so much for the pin friend!! 🙂
Oh my, these cookies look amazing Renee! I am a big fan of caramel and peanut butter so I know that I would love these! They sound awesome stuffed with the Rolos!
Thank you so much Kelly!! 🙂
Fantastic idea to stuff them with rolos! They look amazing. Pinning!
Thank you Christin! 🙂
Annie @Maebells says
Yum!! These look amazing! I could go for a couple of these and a big tall glass of milk! Delish!
Thank you Annie!!
Oh my gosh, these gorgeous ‘thangs have my name written ALL over them! Seriously, you stuffed basically all my favorite things into one huge cookie. I think I’m in love. 😀 Pinning!
Thanks so much for the pin Sarah!! 🙂
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Oh my gosh. Best cookies EVER!! Rolos? They should go in everything! Pinned!
Thank you for the pin Dorothy! 🙂
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
these look TOO wickedly delicious, i am so craving one right about now!
Thank you Thalia!! I love the name of your blog!! 🙂
Laura@Baking in Pyjamas says
Visiting from Show Stopper Saturday. These cookies look so good, I love rolos! I co-host Sweet and Savoury Sunday and would love for you to stop by and share this and other recipes with us. Have a great day!
Oh my heavens is right!! haha these have so many awesome things going on! I haven’t had rolos since probably college … bringing back so many memories! : )
Oh mylanta, these look like heaven on earth! 🙂 Love that caramel drizzle!
Jen Litz says
I have to try these sometime! Looks really good! The other day I just made regular peanut butter chip cookies but these would really put those to shame!
Thanks Jen! The Rolos really add gooeyness to the cookie that make them yummy!!
Michele @ Two Raspberries says
These look wonderful! I absolutely love the combo of PB Chocolate and Caramel seriously not sure what could be better 😉 yum!
Thanks Michele! As you can tell, I can’t get enough peanut butter in my life!! 🙂