I am in such a good mood right now because the weather is finally beginning to come around. Today was actually in the 50’s. The sun was shining, everyone was outside.
And do you know who is standing outside the grocery store when the weather turns nice in March? That’s right: Girl Scouts!! I was so excited to get my first box of Thin Mints for the season.
And this year I knew exactly with to do with them. Instead of throwing them in the freezer right away (did you realize Thin Mints taste even better when they are frozen??) I decided to break them up and make them into a cookie bark!!
This Thin Mint Cookie Bark is so satisfyingly delicious! And that is because in addition to the Thin Mints, it also incorporates one of my other favorite sweets in March: Dark Chocolate Mint M+M’s!!
The bright green color of these M+M’s just scream “St. Patrick’s Day” to me! And it also reminds me of bright green grass that I can’t wait to see in the next several weeks. So paired with the Thin Mints and bright green mint M+M’s, this cookie bark is perfect for the month of March!
I broke up this bark and have been putting pieces in my kids lunch bags all this week.
I love it when they tell me how their friends are always drooling over the homemade treats they have in their lunches. It reminds me of how special it is to bake together with your kids because not every family has that joy in their lives!
It’s March and it’s time to get green and minty! And I can’t think of a better way to do that than making a batch of this Thin Mint Cookie Bark. Make sure you hurry. Girl Scout Cookie season doesn’t last forever!! 🙂
- 20 oz white almond bark/candy coating
- 1 package of Thin Mint cookies, broken (Mint Oreos would work as well)
- 1 package of Mint M+M's
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil.
- Spread half of the broken cookies and half of the mint M+M's on the cookie sheet.
- Coarsely chop the almond bark, place in a medium bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth. Spread in the cookie sheet over the cookies and M+M's.
- Evenly spread out the remaining cookie pieces and M+M's on top of the melted bark, pressing down slightly. Use sprinkles as desired.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator until the bark completely hardens. Break into pieces and enjoy
Check out these other St. Patrick’s Day treats: