It’s crazy to think that it is now March!! I am happy because I am SO done with winter. And even though it’s still freezing cold outside with more snow in the forecast the old saying “In like a lion, out like a lamb” has me hopeful. In a few short weeks, the weather will begin to change!
Already the sun is staying up later and later and next week is the time change!
The other thing I like about March is that “mint” is back! That’s right, with the approach of St. Patrick’s Day, it’s Shamrock Shake season again!!
Come on, how many of you have had one already?? Well if you love Shamrock Shakes, than this dessert is for you! Because this Mint Oreo Refrigerator Dessert is like a Shamrock Shake on a fork! In other words, it is amazingly delicious!!
Seriously, the only store bought cookies I ever buy are mint Oreos, In fact, whenever I eat just a regular Oreo I always feel disappointed.
So this year for my St. Patrick’s Day celebration I decided to make a dessert that would star these yummy minty Oreos.
And I love making refrigerator desserts because they are no bake, cool and creamy. Just my type of dessert!
This dessert is so simple to throw together. The crust is simply crushed Oreos and melted butter. The filling Is a minty cream cheese layer topped with chocolate pudding. And the whole thing is topped with cool whip and more crushed Oreos.
Voila, A yummy St. Patty’s Day dessert for a crowd!!
If you are ready for some mint in your life, go grab your rolling pin, crush up some mint Oreos and throw together this easy Mint Oreo Refrigerator Dessert. After all, the St. Patty’s Day season isn’t here for long! 🙂
Looking to improve your food photography this year? The thing that helped me was this simple to use Tasty Food Photography E-Book. It is easy to use, even for beginners. Trust me, my food photography noticeably improved after I started following the tips in the E-Book. And I love how you can instantly download it onto your computer immediately after you purchase it. This was the best money I ever spent to improve the quality of my blog. You can get all the information you need by clicking on the link below!
- 1 package of Mint Oreos plus 20 extra for the topping
- 4 TBLS melted butter
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 t. peppermint extract
- a few drops of green food coloring
- 1 8oz. tub of cool whip, divided
- 3.9 oz. box of instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 2 c. milk
- Pour the package of mint Oreos into a large plastic storage container and crush with a rolling pin until fine. Pour melted butter in the bag and using hands, squeeze it around until all the crumbs are coated in butter.
- Spray a large 13x9 glass dish with baking spray and pour the Oreo crumbs into the dish and press it all evenly with hands. Place in the refrigerator while making the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese until smooth and add the milk, powdered sugar and peppermint and blend together. Add the food coloring and mix until desired color is achieved.
- Fold in 1 cup of cool whip, setting aside the rest for the topping.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the Oreo crumb crust.
- Make the chocolate pudding according to package directions and pour over the top of the cream cheese layer, spreading until even. Place in the refrigerator for ten minutes, or until the pudding is set.
- Spread the remaining cool whip evenly on top.
- Coarsely crush the twenty extra Oreos in a plastic storage bag with a rolling pin and sprinkle evenly across the top.
- Cover the whole dish in foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Store in the refrigerator.
Try these other St. Patrick’s Day Desserts