The Holiday season can get busy right? I mean, we all have to rush around and get our shopping, wrapping and decorating done. We have to send out the Christmas cards and go to all our Christmas gatherings.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could simplify some of our tasks this Christmas season?
Well I have a great, delicious and easy appetizer recipe for you to take to all your Christmas gatherings this year that literally takes less than 20 minutes prep. And, it will blow your guests away!
This Spicy Chili Nut Crusted Cranberry Orange Cheese ball tastes amazing and is quick and easy to make!
First, we are going to make life easy by crushing our pecans with our Magic Bullet. If you don’t own a Magic Bullet, you are truly missing out! My husband and I use it all the time to make everything from dressings, smoothies, crushed nuts and even pancake batters.
It is so easy to use, that even the kids can operate it to make their smoothies. It is an easy clean up and is so small that we leave it on the countertop and it doesn’t get in the way.
If you are interested in checking out a Magic Bullet and seeing how easy it can make your life, you can click here. This will take you to Amazon where you can buy it and have it ready for all your holiday recipes!
I put the pecans in the Magic Bullet in half cup increments and pulse it three to four times.
Once the nuts are ground, you will place them in a bowl and and combine with spices like cinnamon and chili powder. (See recipe)
This recipe makes more than enough nut mixture to crust your cheese ball, but that is ok. You can than store the excess in a zip loc storage container and use it for other recipes like this Honeycrisp and Cranberry salad with spicy chili nut crusted goat cheese medallions.
For the cheese ball itself, you will mix an 8 oz block of cream cheese with some cranberries, orange marmalade, cinnamon and chili powder (see recipe) and form it in a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap for a couple hours or up to overnight.
Then when you unwrap it, you will roll it in the nut mixture, put it on a tray with some assorted crackers and voila, it is ready to serve!
This is so easy to make!. You can make your nut mixture with your Magic Bullet and the cheese mixture the day before, all in less than 20 minutes, and then all you will need to do the day of the party is to roll it in the nut mixture and you are ready to go!
I brought this into my office for my colleagues and not only did it get gobbled up really quick, but someone even said that it tasted like Christmas!!!!
I can’t imagine a better compliment than that!!
So be easy on yourself! At your Holiday gatherings this year, make this super delicious and easy to assemble Spicy Chili Nut Crusted Cranberry and Orange Cheese Ball. Your guests will be so wowed by the flavors that the fact that it took you less than 20 minutes to prepare can be your little secret!! 😉
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything from these links, Two in the Kitchen gets a small portion of the proceeds with no further cost to you. We only endorse products that we ourselves use and enjoy. All opinions are 100% ours.
- 1 1/2 c. pecans
- 2 TBLS brown sugar
- 1 1/2 TBLS chili powder
- 1 1/2 TBLS cinnamon
- 1 TBLS cayenne pepper
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 c. orange marmalade
- 1/4 t. chili powder
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- Put pecans in the Magic Bullet in 1/2 cup batches and pulse several times until ground.
- Place the ground pecans in a medium bowl and mix in the brown sugar, chili powder, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper with a spoon until well blended. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese until soft and creamy.
- Add the cranberries, marmalade, chili powder, and cinnamon and mix until well blended.
- Using a large spoon, scoop all the mixture and drop onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and wrap it around the mixture, forming a ball. Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the cheese ball and roll in the nut mixture. Place on a platter with assorted crackers and serve.
- Any remaining portion of the cheese ball should be stored covered in the refrigerator.
Try these other recipes