So a funny thing happened: My last post was for this Orange Dreamsicle Cake that I made for my kid’s first day back to school back at the end of August. I, as a high school teacher, went back the very next day. And then life got busy!
I literally did not mean to take a month and a half off blogging but life just all the sudden got chaotic. In addition to school starting for everyone, all the fall activities started and I have taken on more responsibilities at work myself.
On top of all that, the very weekend after I posted my last recipe, my husband and I found the house of our dreams. So we are moving!! Not very far. In fact it’s only about ten minutes away from where we currently live. But for the past month, I have been trying to pack and go through things that we don’t need anymore.
We will be moving in November and I so can’t wait to show you the kitchen. It is literally our dream come true. I might as well say that we bought a kitchen that came with a house. 😉 The “big reveal” will be sometime in November after we close. I can’t wait!!
Anyway, It started dawning on me that if I don’t get back up and running with some new recipes, that I won’t really be able to call myself a blogger anymore. And I certainly don’t want that!!
I already miss all my blogger friends and going around the web and seeing the great things that they post. And quite simply, I love creating new recipes and sharing them with anyone who comes to visit me on the blog so here we go!!!
These Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are a great treat that I have made about four to five times in the past several weeks. They are easy, chewy, delicious and oh so peanut buttery!! What is not to love!!
I also love using Reese’s Pieces in the fall because the orange, yellow, and brown colors obviously are the perfect fall color palette.
These bars literally come together in minutes and are only in the oven for about twenty minutes. No chilling time required so they are ready in no time at all. Oh, and here is a little baking tip: I always line the pan with foil because it makes for such an easier clean up when you are done!
Ah, it feels so good to be back to blogging. I will see you back here soon with some great fall recipes! 🙂
Baking tools to help make this recipe:
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1 1/2 c. Reese's Pieces, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and foil and spray a 9x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add the two sugars and mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and mix it into the peanut butter mixture in three additions, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Stir in a cup of the Reese's Pieces. Batter will be thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Press in the remaining 1/2 cup of Reese's Pieces in the top.
- Bake between 18-22 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool until slicing them into 24 bars.
Try some of these similar recipes: