Is summer as busy around your house as it is around mine? My kids are busy running around outside, swimming in the pool, and hanging out with friends. I absolutely love summer because my kids are so busy and active!
When lunch time rolls around, I like to have something fun for them to eat. These Ham and Cheese Crescents totally fit the bill. They are quick and easy to make and they disappear in a flash because the kids love eating them.
And as you can see form the picture above, they are quite easy to assemble. I started by using Pillsbury crescent rolls and placed a slice of Black Forest ham on each one. I then topped the ham with small slices of Gruyere cheese. Of course, you can use swiss or cheddar or whatever you like. I just happen to like the taste of gruyere cheese.
Roll them up, pop them in the oven for about ten minutes and you are ready to go. I serve them with honey mustard dipping sauce because my kids love it so much.
I hope your summer is just as fun filled and action packed as mine is. When you are looking for a fun and fast lunch idea for the kids, give these Ham and Cheese Crescents a try. Hopefully in the mad rush, you can save a couple for yourself! 😉
- 1 8 count roll of Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 8 slices of Black Forest Ham
- 16 small slices of Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- honey mustard sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- On a baking sheet, unroll each of the 8 crescents. Place a rolled up slice of ham on top of each crescent. Place two slices of cheese on top of the ham, one at the top horizontally and one vertically. Roll each crescent starting from the thicker side.
- Bake for approximately 9-12 minutes or until crescents are golden brown. Don't over bake or cheese will leak out.
- Serve immediately with honey mustard sauce for dipping.
Try these other quick lunch ideas: