So I suppose you have heard that there is some kinda big football game that is going on this Sunday. 😉 In all honesty, I am not that big into football and really only have it on occasionally for some background noise.
I know some of you football fans are probably gasping right now. I am not even sure how I can possibly be a member of my own family because their lives revolve around football and sports of all kind.
We, of course will have the game on at my house this Sunday but for me it’s really only about the food! Ok, and I do also look forward to the commercials. Who doesn’t??
But seriously, back to the food! I get excited for Super Bowl Sunday because my husband always makes some kind of chicken wings. And my husband’s chicken wings are phenomenal!! Have you checked out these Lollipop Sriracha Wings on our site yet? You MUST!! They were one of our top ten recipes from last year.
And this year my husband decided to go in a bit of a different direction with his wings. This year the Superbowl wings are Greek inspired and served with a side of Tzatziki sauce. He marinated these babies in a Chobani yogurt hot sauce mix and then baked them in the oven and finished them off with a side of Chobani yogurt and cucumber dip. Let me tell you that the result is out of this world!!
The flavor on these wings is fantastic! And my hubby always knows how to make his wings crisp! There are few things worse than soggy chicken wings people! My wings need to be crisp on the outside and these wings deliver!
If you are looking for other healthy recipes for the big game this weekend go to Twitter and use the hashtag #deliciousbowl and you will see other great Chobani recipes that other bloggers have made for the big game!
Have fun this Sunday and I hope you have some great appetizers like these amazing Greek Chicken Wings! 🙂
- 2 dozen wings (Chicken drummettes)
- 3 cups Greek Chobani yogurt
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 TBLS garlic powder
- 1 TBLS salt
- 1 TBLS black pepper
- 1 large container Greek Chobani yogurt
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 TBLS salt
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed and minced)
- 2 TBLS white vinegar
- Mix the spices together and dust the wings with the spices. Reserve the remaining spices for later.
- Place in a zip lock freezer bag. Wisk the yogurt and hot sauce together and add to the wings. Marinade 8 hours or overnight. Remove any excess yogurt, re-season the wings with the salt/ pepper / garlic mix.
- Place wings on a wire oven safe cooling rack and bake at 350 degreesfor 90 minutes, or until chicken pulls from the bone. Finish under the broiler for crisper skin.
- Peel, seed, and then shred the cucumber in a food processor.
- Place in a baking dish or large bowl and add the salt. Set aside for 20 minutes. This will season the cucumber, remove any bitterness, and draw out the moisture.
- Squeeze the pulp by hand to remove as much liquid as possible. Combine with remaining ingredients and serve.
Try these other appetizers