Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I hope you have some amazing plans today!
Whether it is going out to a romantic dinner with your husband/boyfriend, or staying home and baking up some cupcakes or cookies with your kids, I hope that you have a wonderful day!
Last night, I whipped up a batch of these super easy Frosted Strawberry Cookie Bars with my kids. These have such a great strawberry flavor and they are so fun and easy to make.
And these strawberry cookie bars are perfect for this time of year because not only are they obviously great and pretty for Valentine’s Day, they are also perfect for spring. Which I swear is coming soon (or so I keep reminding myself even though it is bitter cold and windy today).
These would also be pretty little treats for Mother’s Day, and any day really that you just want a sweet, tasty little treat!
So enjoy this fun Valentine’s Day. And make up a batch of these pretty little Frosted Strawberry Cookie Bars!
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix - I used Pillsbury
- 2 eggs
- 6 T. melted butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. corn starch
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 4 TBLS butter, softened
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- foil a 13x9 baking pan and spray it with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, butter, vanilla, and corn starch together until well blended. Add in the powdered sugar and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Set the pan on a cooling rack and allow to fully cool.
- Make the frosting by creaming together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
- Spread the frosting evenly on the cooled cookie bars and use sprinkles to decorate if desired.
- Cut into 24 bars and enjoy
Try these other cookie ideas: