Hello everyone. You may have noticed that it has been very quiet around here lately. Well, that is because I took several weeks off of blogging. Ever since Easter I simply felt like I needed to turn some of the “noise” off in my life. Do you know what I mean?
Well, I now feel rested and totally pumped to “get back to it”! So I hope you are ready for some yummy food and tasty treats because that is what I have in store for you!
Oh, and I didn’t completely shut myself off from the blogging world these past several weeks. I have recently finished my first recipe eBook: Everyday Brownies and Bars. You can get it for FREE simply by subscribing to my newsletter. It is simply a way for me to thank you all for taking the time to follow along with my blog. If you haven’t received it yet, simply follow the link below to get your FREE copy today! I know you are going to love it!!
So for my first recipe back, I decided to show you a simple and different way of making pizza. In our family, pizza is a staple for our dinner line-up. I make it, or order it at least once a week. Being in the Chicago area is helpful if you are a pizza lover because we just have so many great options.
This recipe is a different take on your run of the mill pizza. It is an Easy Biscuit Pizza Casserole and is made with Pillsbury Grands Biscuits.
This recipe really couldn’t be any easier. I start by browning a pound of bulk Italian sausage in my Lodge skillet pan
By the way, if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you are truly missing out! My Lodge skillet pan is one of my favorite cooking essentials in my kitchen! It is versatile and so easy to clean!
The rest is simply assembling the ingredients together. After draining the sausage on paper towels, I put it back in the skillet and mix in two jars of pizza sauce, a package of pepperoni and pour in in a 9×13 Pyrex glass baking dish ( My favorite 9×13 Pyrex glass baking dish comes with a lid and carrier so you can transport it where ever you need to!)
I then cover it with cheese and top it off with the Pillsbury Grands Biscuits sliced in half.
After baking it at 350*, it will be all ready to dig into. My family and I devour this whole dish in one sitting because it is that good! 🙂
It is so nice to be back to blogging! I would love to hear from you all. You can leave me a comment or follow me on social media and let me know what you are up to this spring! Happy cooking!! 🙂
Here are some kitchen essentials as seen in this recipe:
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 1 lb. bulk mild Italian sausage
- 2 14 oz. jars of pizza sauce (I used Classico)
- 1 5 oz package of sliced pepperoni
- 1 8 oz. package of mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 can of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (8 count)
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- Brown the bulk sausage in a large cast iron skillet and drain the sausage on paper towels
- Return the sausage to the pan and add the pizza sauce, pepperoni slices, and 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. stir it all up and pour into a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Slice each biscuit in half and place them on top of the cheese layer in two rows as shown in the pictures.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
- Serve immediately.