Wow! Life has been a whirlwind lately! The kids have had a lot going on with school, I have had a lot going on with school and, you guys, I just got back from the most amazing blog conference in Salt Lake City: BYBC. I had such a great time with all the blogger friends I met last year and also got to meet even more amazing bloggers this year! More on that in a separate post to come.
Oh, and I have some exciting news to share: I am now a new contributor to one of my favorite blogs: Julie’s Eats and Treats!! I am now a recipe round-up contributor for Julie’s fun site and my first Round-up debuted today!! 60+ Freezer Friendly Meals!! So be sure to go check it out ok!! 🙂
Now with all this excitement in my life, I am ready for a decadent treat! I couldn’t decide between brownies, cheesecake and caramel so I blended it all together for these amazing Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Brownies.
Don’t they look sinful!! 😉
All linens, plates and silverware in the photos are from:
I then topped the brownies with a creamy cheesecake layer that is swirled with dulce de leche. And all that still wasn’t quite enough for me so I topped them all off with a thick chocolate glaze and more dulce de leche to make for a truly decadent experience.
You can either make the topping fancy by drizzling it over the top, or you can just go for the gusto and pour it over the top so it is dripping temptingly down the sides!
Either way, and you will be in for quite an amazing treat!
I hope you all have some fun and exciting things to celebrate in your life! And if you do, go ahead and indulge!! These Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect celebratory treat!
Looking to improve your food photography this year? The thing that helped me was this simple to use Tasty Food Photography E-Book. It is easy to use, even for beginners. Trust me, my food photography noticeably improved after I started following the tips in the E-Book. And I love how you can instantly download it onto your computer immediately after you purchase it. The best money I ever spent to improve the quality of my blog. You can get all the information you need by clicking on the link below!
- 1 box of Ghirardelli Brownies + ingredients per the box directions
- 3 8 oz. boxes of cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. of whipping cream
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c. dulce de leche
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 tsp. corn syrup
- 2 TBSP whipping cream
- 1/2 c. dulce de leche
- 2 TBLS hot water
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and foil and spray a 13x9 baking pan with baking spray.
- Make brownies according to package directions and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, make the cheesecake by creaming together the cream cheese and the sugar. Add the cream, flour and vanilla and blend together. Add the eggs, mixing after each addition.
- Pour the cheesecake over the brownie layer. Heat the dulce de leche for 30 seconds in the microwave until warm and soft. Drop by tablespoons over the top of the cheesecake layer and run a knife through to swirl it.
- Bake the cheesecake brownies for 55-65 minutes or until the top no longer jiggles, it is slightly brown and a toothpick comes out fairly clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool.
- Make the glaze by microwaving the chocolate and butter together in 30 second intervals. Whisk it till smooth. Add the corn syrup and cream and whisk it into the chocolate till smooth. Pour over the top of the cheesecake and allow to fully cool. Place in the refrigerator until time to serve.
- Mix together the dulce de leche and drizzle over each individual piece upon serving.
glaze adapted from High Heels and Grills
Try these other decadent treats: