Hello everyone. If you have been on my blog here at Two in the Kitchen, you know my family just loves to eat Sunday brunch.
There is nothing like getting home from church on Sunday morning and baking up a big batch of pancakes with my kids and then scarfing them down.
Well of all the pancakes we make, these Cinnamon Toast Pancakes are probably my favorite!
There are three main things that qualify for my description of “favorite” pancakes.
Number 1. They have to be yummy. (duh)
Number 2. They have to be easy to make.
Number 3. Everyone in the family has to like them.
These Cinnamon Toast Pancakes fit the bill on all the above. They have a delicious cinnamon flavor, they are sooo easy to make and every single one of my kids gobbles these up. And believe me, that is saying a lot because my kids rarely agree on anything!!
So go heat up your griddle and get cooking. I bet you already have all of these ingredients sitting in your pantry just waiting to be used so there is nothing stopping you from enjoying a plate of these Cinnamon Toast Pancakes right now!! 🙂
Try these great kitchen tools for this recipe:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- oil for cooking
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 TBLS butter
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2. t. vanilla
- 2-3 TBLS milk
- cinnamon sugar for dusting: optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. Batter may be slightly lumpy.
- Heat up a large skillet.
- Pour a couple Tablespoons of oil in the skillet.
- Pour the batter by the quarter cupful onto the heated skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles have formed on the surface and popped. Flip the pancake and continue cooking until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Make the cream cheese glaze by mixing all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and pour over warm pancakes.
Try these other pancake recipes: