Yeah, the weekend is here! There are so many things I love about the weekend. No work for one thing. Spending time with the kids is another obvious plus.
And one of the best things is having time to make some yummy food that we don’t normally have time for during the week.
Every Sunday is a big brunch day for our family. We wake up and go to the early church service and then get home and make a feast.
Sunday brunch almost always involves pancakes in our house. Have you seen these Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes yet on my blog? They are seriously to die for!!
These Banana Bread Pancakes that I made last Sunday are absolutely scrumptious!! And they are a perfect way to use up those ripe bananas sitting on your counter before you throw them away
You can make these pancakes as “banana-y” as you like.
When you mash the bananas you can leave them slightly chunky if you want to taste some banana pieces in the pancakes or you can mash the bananas more into a puree if you want your pancakes to have the flavor of bananas but you want the texture to be smooth.
When I made these last Sunday I left them a little chunky because my youngest son likes to taste the banana chunks in the actual pancakes.
We sat around listening to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” while eating these. It was such a nice morning.
Oh, and we also always have to have bacon with our pancakes every Sunday. You simply can’t forget the bacon!! 😉
I hope you get a chance to make up a yummy breakfast for your family this weekend!
How about you? What is your favorite part about the weekend??
Here are some Kitchen Tools to help you make this product:
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase through one of these links, Two in the Kitchen makes a small percentage of the proceeds without further cost to you. We only promote items that we ourselves use and love. All opinions are 100% our own. We thank you for your support as it helps us to continue giving you great recipes through our blog!
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 TBLSP brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 c. buttermilk
- 2 TBLS unsalted butter, melted
- 1 TBLS vanilla extract
- vegetable oil for cooking the pancakes
- banana slices for garnish
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour a Tablespoon of oil into the pan and drop batter by approximately 1/3 of a cup. Cook for a few minutes or until the edges are dry and bubble shave popped in the center. Flip the pancake over and cook a few minutes until browned. Repeat the process until all the batter is gone. Serve with syrup and banana slices if desired.
- Makes about 8-10 pancakes
Try these other breakfast ideas: