With the cooler weather that we have been having lately I am finally getting in the mood for tasty fall food. And anything with caramel and apples is a winner for me.
I love making breakfast rolls for my family on weekend mornings. But let’s face it; as a working mother of three, I definitely need some short cuts with my baking. Even on the weekends.
And that is where Pillsbury comes in. No, I am not being compensated to say this, but I genuinely do love those non-perforated refrigerated crescent rolls that they have. They really do make life that much easier.
You are going to love how much this recipe comes together in a snap! About 20 minutes prep and about 40 minutes total and you will have hot, piping caramel apple rolls on your table!
Caramel apple rolls are among the things I crave most in the fall.
In fact, my husband ordered a caramel roll recently at a restaurant but the bread part was too tough. What a huge disappointment it was to see all that sticky caramel, with our mouths drooling, only to bite into the tough bread and ending in disappointment.
Don’t you hate when that happens.
So I made these rolls with that experience in mind. I wanted soft gooey rolls with tender apples and soft dough.
Of course, the apples are an important part of the recipe right? No one likes apples that are either too crunchy or too mushy in their baked apple goods.
Just make sure to follow the instructions and I guarantee you will have the perfect apples in your sticky rolls!
I hope you have plenty of opportunities this season to make some great apple dishes. And when you are short on time, but still want that great caramel apple sticky roll flavor, try these out. I know you’ll be happy you did! 🙂
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. plus 2 TBLS brown sugar, divided
- 2 TBLS Butter, divided
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1 roll of refrigerated, non-perforated Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. whipping cream
- 6TB Butter
- 1TB corn syrup
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking dish with foil and place the apples and 2 TBLS brown sugar in the dish. Coat the apples with the brown sugar. Cut up 1 TBLS butter into pieces and use it to dot the apples.
- Fold the foil loosely around the apple mixture and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the apples are soft but not mushy. After removing the apples from the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a cookie sheet with baking spray and press out the crescent roll to a rectangle about 10x13.
- Melt a TBLS of butter and brush it on the dough. Mix 1/4 c. of brown sugar with 1/4 t. cinnamon and sprinkle it over the dough.
- After removing the apples from the oven, reserve approximately 1/2 cup of the apples and spread the rest over the dough discarding any that might still be too tough for rolling.
- Roll the dough "jelly roll style" longways and slice the rolls into 7 large rolls. Place them cut down in a greased cake pan and bake in the oven for approximately 16-18 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Make the caramel sauce while the rolls are baking.
- In a sauce pan, combine brown sugar, cream, butter and corn syrup, and whisk over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Continue whisking for an additional minute and remove from the heat.
- Chop up the reserved apples into cubes and add them to the caramel sauce. Allow the sauce to cool slightly.
- Spoon the apple, caramel sauce over the top of the rolls while still in the pan while reserving some to pour over individual rolls as they are served.
- Enjoy. Makes 7 large rolls.
Try these other caramel recipes:
Baked Caramel Apple French Toast
Caramel Drizzled Peanut Butter Cookies stuffed with Rolos
I love using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to make things! These apple sticky rolls look amazing!
Thank you Christin. Crescent rolls are perfect to make things when you are short on time right!! 🙂
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
These look unbelievable!!
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats says
What a great treat for a fall morning! I also love those Crescent Roll Sheets unfortunately I can’t find them at my grocery store!
Oh no!! That is a true shame!! 🙁
Natalie @ Tastes Lovely says
So smart making this with Crescent rolls!
Thank you Natalie!! 🙂
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Mmm, I love caramel apple anything and rolled into a sticky bun sounds like heaven!! Pinned 🙂
Thank you for the pin Rachel! 🙂
These look delicious! I would never have thought to put apple in sticky rolls!
My mouth is watering! I would love to have one right now. Makes me feel like fall has arrived!
Thank you Christine. Don’t you just love fall food!!
Renee, these look so caramel apple-licious! I’m dying for one of those over here! 🙂
“apple-licious” I really like that word Marcie!! 🙂
Vidya Sudarsan says
These carmel apple rolls look yummy!!! Very nice presentation too.. 🙂
Thank you Vidya!! 🙂
Yum, love caramel apple and these sticky rolls looks fantastic! Love how easy they are to whip up too 🙂 They would make the perfect breakfast treat for fall !
Thank you Kelly!! Sometimes it is nice to have shot cuts!! 🙂
Gahhh! All that caramel-y apple goodness is calling my NAME. These rolls look totally awesome, Renee!
Thank you Sarah!! 🙂
This time of year, all I want is caramel apple anything. And these sticky rolls are beyond wonderful. I love how quickly they come together!
Thank you Mir!!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
These caramel apple rolls look incredible! I love that you used crescent rolls to whip these up. Definitely perfect for the season!
Thanks Gayle!! 🙂
Oh how I love caramel and apple together! These rolls sound delicious! And so perfect for fall – this is my favorite time of the year for baking!
I agree Ashley. Bring on the fall!! 🙂
Jessica @ Jessica in the Kitchen says
Great idea that doesn’t at all look like a shortcut! The caramel apple topping sounds like I could eat it with a spoon!!!
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen says
Gahhhhh! Pinning! If you only saw the bucket loads of apples I have in my kitchen right now, you would know EXACTLY what I’m going to do with them. Because these sticky rolls look amazing! Gorgeous photos too. I’m sssooo glad you’re back to blogging Renee – I totally missed you!
Annette Belnap says
Oh My! These look so oooey goooey good!!! YUM! Pinned!
Jess @ whatjessicabakednext says
These sticky rolls look amazing!
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Tis the season for caramel apples! These look delicious Renee!
This looks great! I’ll have to try this for our family!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
oh DANG these look good!