I don’t know about you, but now that the Christmas holiday feasting season is over, I am ready for some lighter fare! In fact, the first thing I did this morning was hit the gym, and then for lunch, I had this delightful broiled salmon caesar salad! Not only was it light and refreshing, but it was super simple to make. Everything in this dish is from Costco. (We are big Costco fans if you haven’t noticed!!) I bought a big caesar salad that already came with the dressing, parmesan, and croutons. I then bought a few salmon filets, and some Great King Salmon seasoning and rub from Aromatica. Don’t have a Costco membership? That’s fine, you can buy these simple ingredients separately at any grocery store! About twenty minutes in the oven and your salmon will be ready! So get out there and start your New Year’s resolution to healthier eating now! It’s really so much easier to keep your commitment to eating right when lighter food tastes this good!!
- 2-3 salmon filets
- 2 Tbls of Salmon seasoning per filet (We used Aromatica)
- 1 lb chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-2 c. of croutons
- Caesar Salad dressing (lite if you prefer)
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Generously coat each salmon fillet with a couple Tablespoons of the seasoning. Place on a baking sheet or pan.
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes. Then crank up the oven to broil, and broil the salmon for approximately 5 minutes until crisp. Remove the fillets from the oven and allow to cool. When cooled, dice up the salmon filets and assemble the salad. Toss romaine, dressing, croutons and parmesan together, and gently add the salmon to the top. Makes 4 servings of salad. Enjoy!!