Merry Christmas everyone! It has been a while since I’ve posted any recipes. I have had quite a busy fall and holiday season.
My family and I just moved to the house of our dreams so that has taken a lot of my time and energy.
Five days after we moved I went and dropped a huge weight plate on my big toe at the gym and crushed it. Ouch!! It was not fun, let me tell you.
So with all this craziness in my life I have not had the time to fit blogging in at all. It is such a bummer that I’ve missed the entire holiday season so I decided to get at least one peppermint recipe in here while it is still Christmas time.
I don’t often make desserts with ice cream in the middle of winter but this winter has been so mild so far that ice cream did not seem so out of line. Especially when the ice cream you use is peppermint. I look forward to having peppermint ice cream all season. And it tastes even better when sandwiched between two yummy chocolate cookies.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to seeing you all around here a lot more in the New Year!! 🙂
- 1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury)
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips ( or use 1/2 t. peppermint)
- 1/2 gallon of peppermint or vanilla ice-cream
- extra Peppermint chips for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add cake mix, oil, and eggs to a large mixing bowl and mix until well blended. Stir in the peppermint chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool.
- Assemble the ice cream sandwiches by placing a large scoop of ice cream on a cookie. Press a second cookie on the other side. Place the garnish chips in a small bowl and press all sides of the ice cream into the chips so the sandwiches are well covered. Repeat the process until all cookies are used. Should make between 8 and 10 ice cream sandwiches.