I love starting my day with a yummy sweet treat. So it goes without saying that coffee cakes are some of my favorite things to bake. This particular one is no exception. And because it is made with Nutella, it is made even more special!
The great thing too about this breakfast treat is that it really is easy to make! About twenty minutes prep is all it takes to assemble this coffee cake. The cake itself is tender, moist and flavorful. The filling is a nice treat to your tastebuds bursting with Nutella, cinnamon and pecan goodness! The nutty brown sugar, cinnamon topping, drizzled with Nutella gives a nice contrast of textures to the silky buttery cake. This truly is the ultimate in breakfast delights!!
So get going and start your morning off right with this delicious Nutella Cinnamon Coffee Cake! You know you deserve it! 😉
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 2 TBLSP granulated sugar
- 2 TBLSP brown sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. Nutella (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and sour cream alternatively to the butter mixture in three additions and mix after each addition just until blended.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pecans, two types of sugar and cinnamon.
- Add about half of batter to the bottom of the prepared pan spreading to form an even layer. Sprinkle about half the cinnamon, nut mixture on top.
- Put 1/2 cup of Nutella in a microwavable bowl and heat it up for twenty seconds. Drizzle it over the pecan, cinnamon mixture.
- Spread the remaining batter on top, spreading evenly.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, then open the oven and sprinkle the remaining pecan, cinnamon mixture over the top using a large spoon to push it down slightly. (Alternatively, you could sprinkle this on at the beginning of the baking process before you put it into the oven but then you have to be careful not to burn the pecans. Try covering with foil the last 10 minutes of baking so the pecans don't burn)
- Close the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of Nutella in a microwavable bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Place the softened Nutella in a ziplock bag, cutting a hole in the corner and drizzle over the top of the cake. Or you could drizzle it with a spoon.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Try these yummy breakfast treats!