I don’t know about your area of the country, but here in Chicago land we are full blown in the middle of winter. Last week’s temperatures were seriously crazy!
For three days in a row we had -30 wind chill. That’s negative thirty people!! My kids pretty much had a second winter vacation with all those days off due to extreme temperatures. And now this week they are off again on Thursday and Friday due to parent teacher conferences. Seriously; I don’t remember having so many days off school when I was a kid.
For me, when the winter months start dragging on, I am ready for anything in my life that reminds me of sunshine and brightness. So I am always baking up something lemony in January.
Last January I made this sensational Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. Boy, that treat sure brightened up my winter mornings.
This year, I put a twist on the lemon/cream cheese idea and blended it with the idea of my Red Velvet, Cream Cheese Bundt Cake from last Valentine’s Day and I came up with this lucious Lemon Velvet Cream Cheese Bundt Cake.
Trust me: One slice of this yummy cake will be sure to brighten up your day! It has just the right amount of lemon to bring sunshine to your taste buds without being over powering.
The cream cheese layer in the middle is silky smooth and the lemony glaze on top gives the whole cake just the right finishing touch!
If you are suffering from the winter blues, it is time to brighten your day with this lucious Lemon Velvet Cream Cheese Bundt Cake. It is sure to bring sunshine to your tastebuds! 🙂
Looking to improve your food photography this year? The thing that helped me was this simple to use Tasty Food Photography E-Book. It is easy to use, even for beginners. Trust me, my food photography noticeably improved after I started following the tips in the E-Book. And I love how you can instantly download it onto your computer immediately after you purchase it. Best 19 dollars I ever spent to improve the quality of my blog. You can get all the information you need by clicking on the link below!
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 12 TBLS butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 TBLS lemon juice
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 t. lemon juice
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1 TBLS lemon juice
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBLS milk until the glaze is pourable.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all filling ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray a large bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk,eggs, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the zest and lemon juice and mix until blended.
- Mix in the flour mixture alternatively with the buttermilk mixture in a couple of additions, starting and ending with the flour mixture, and scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the top. The filling will sink into the batter as it bakes.
- Bake for approximately 50-55 minutes, or until the cake is no longer jiggly when moved and the top is beginning to brown and if a toothpick is inserted, the crumbs sticking should be "cake like" and not 'batter like".
- Remove to a cooling rack till cool. Then invert onto a serving tray or plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until the mixture is pourable.
- Drizzle over the top of the fully cooled cake with a spoon.
Try these other recipes: