Happy Halloween everyone! It is hard to believe that it is here already!
I also cannot believe that the weather this past week has been unseasonably warm. And yet tomorrow (Halloween) it is supposed to be freezing……..literally. I mean really?? Snow for Halloween when last weekend it was in the seventies?? It just figures right!?!
Oh well, I know my kids and I will still have fun! We will still go trick or treating and they will still get lots of candy.
Speaking of candy, am I the only one who always has lots of leftovers after the fact?
Every year, I look in my pantry after Halloween and I always have half a bag of candy corn, an opened bag of M+M’s, maybe some Oreo’s and a bunch of other odds and ends. I just always over buy. It’s a habit I guess.
But that is ok because I can always find some fun use for all my leftovers (instead of just eating it all by the handful of course!! 😉 )
This Halloween candy fudge is the perfect “leftover” candy saver!! It is fun and easy to make, looks pretty and festive and is quite tasty to eat!
All you do is prepare a springboard pan by lining it with wax paper, make a simple chocolate fudge (recipe follows), spread it in the pan and top it with popcorn, candy, chocolate covered pretzels and cover it all with some colored candy coating. Easy-Peasy right!!
In fact it’s so easy that you can let kids decorate it as they please.
The only hard part is waiting to let it firm up in the fridge for a couple hours before cutting it up into pieces and devouring the whole thing!!
No matter what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, I wish you a safe and fun Halloween with your family! 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 c. broken chocolate covered pretzel pieces (I broke them by hand)
- 2 cups of popped popcorn
- 2 c. different colored candy melts
- 2/3 c. candy corn, M+M's or whatever candy you would like
- 5 Halloween Oreo's broken in half
- 4 mini chocolate covered pretzels
- 2 TBLSP fall sprinkles
- Line a springboard pan with wax paper
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, morsels, and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Stir in the pretzel pieces. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cover with pop corn. Press gently
- Put the colored candy melts in two different plastic freezer bags. Place them in the microwave, one at a time, for 30 minute increments until melted. Snip holes in the corners.
- Drizzle about half of each color over the popcorn.
- cover the top with candy, Oreo pieces and pretzels.
- Cover with the rest of the candy melts.
- Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pop the whole thing out of the springboard pan and peel back the wax paper and place on a cutting board. Cut into small pieces and serve.
- Store any remaining fudge in the refrigerator.
Try these other yummy treats:
Peanut Butter Brookie Cups