Oh, and I never intended to take over a month and a half off from blogging. But I just got so busy having so much fun with the kids that all the sudden, blogging took a back seat to everything else in life so anyway, I’m back!!
And my hubby Erik has been grilling all summer long. Here is a great flavorful dish that he whips up on the grill a lot during these great summer months. These Grilled Chicken Fajitas are flavorful and satisfying.
In fact, whenever my husband grills chicken, people always rave about how juicy and flavorful his chicken is. And he always says that the problem with the way many people grill chicken, is that they grill it too long because they worry that it isn’t cooked through. But when you over cook chicken, it dries out and loses its juiciness.
Another problem is that often times, in their haste to eat the chicken, people don’t give it enough time to rest, and instead cut into it immediately allowing all the juices to run out. Obviously we want juicy chicken. So be sure to follow Erik’s grilling advice in the recipe! 🙂
Even though summer is waning, there is still lots of time to be doing some outdoor grilling! And these Grilled Chicken Fajitas are a tasty meal to put on the table (and into your mouth! 🙂
- 4 split breasts
- 2-3 lemons
- olive oil
- lemon pepper
- garlic salt
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 red onion
- cracked pepper
- kosher salt
- 12 flour tortillas
- guacamole (optional)
- Cut slits across the split breasts on the diagonal.
- Squeeze 2-3 lemons all over the chicken, drizzle with olive oil and season with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Grill the chicken on indirect medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Approximately 25-30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the grill, cover and allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes.
- Take 2 red peppers, 2 yellow peppers,and 1 red onion and slice them into 1/2 inch ribbons.
- Sautée them in olive oil, and cracked pepper and kosher salt, in a big pot over medium heat, until the onions are translucent and peppers soften and begin to caramelize Approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat up the tortillas, shred the chicken and serve the fajitas with guacamole if desired.
Try some of these related recipes!