So how is everyone doing on their New Year’s resolutions? I know, I know: The first month of the year isn’t even over yet and it’s already hard to stay on track isn’t it?
Especially with all the big eating events that are coming up soon. The Super Bowl is only about a week away and then you got Valentine’s Day. Oh, and my birthday is tomorrow. (Just thought I’d slip that in to see if anyone noticed ;).
And I don’t know about you, but the winter always seems like an odd time of the year to eat lighter in my opinion. Because really, all I want is a big creamy bowl of soup in the attempt to keep warm. Or a heaping plate of mashed potatoes and gravy sounds perfectly fine in the dead of winter. Really, New Year’s resolutions should take place in the summer in my opinion. When I’m actually craving a salad.
But luckily there are some easy ways to incorporate some greens into our diet without starving through the winter. Personally, I like to incorporate them into my breakfast smoothies in the morning. I drink a breakfast smoothie almost every single day. It’s really easy to do. Here are 5 tips to make it easy to get your breakfast smoothie in the morning:
1. As soon as you buy berries from the store,(raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries) take them home, wash them and divide them up into small plastic baggies and store them in the freezer. That way, you always have frozen berries on hand to make your smoothies in the morning. No ice needed.
2. Use a “green powder” supplement like “Dr. Mercola Organic Greens
“. All you do is put one scoop in your smoothie and you will start the day with greens in your diet before you have even walked out the door.
3. Use a “Magic Bullet.” to mix your smoothie hassle free. I love how easy it is to use a Magic Bullet. It is small and because you can mix it and drink your smoothie in the same cup it is a LOT less of a hassle than using one of those huge blenders.
4. Always keep ripe bananas on hand to throw into your smoothie. It adds potassium and makes your smoothie nice and creamy.
5. Use Kefir to get the added benefits of a pro-biotic blend in your diet. Did you know Kefir is 99% lactose free?
I have to tell you that I only just recently tried “Dr. Mercola – Organic Greens
” and I am definitely a new convert. Having tried other green powder type supplements, I can honestly tell you that it has a very pleasant taste. I have found that other green powders often taste bitter. Dr. Mercola’s on the other hand had no bitter after taste. When I mixed it in with my berries, banana, and kefir, all I taste is “sweet”.
If you are interested in learing about Dr. Mercola’s Organic Greens supplemental powder just click here.
And I have a great opportunity for you all. Dr Mercola has generously provided a great package of supplements as a giveaway for one of my lucky readers!
The package includes:
This giveaway has a retail value of $105. 88
To enter the giveaway, just follow the instructions on the rafflecopter link. Good Luck!
Disclosure: Dr. Mercola has provided me with the giveaway products listed above and a container of “Organic Greens” for me to review. I was otherwise not compensated by Dr. Mercola and all opinions are, as always, 100% mine.
This giveaway is open to residents of the USA who are 18 years of age and older.
a Rafflecopter giveaway