I have three words for you: Bacon. Wrapped. Shrimp. Do I have your attention? Of course I do! Who could possibly NOT like bacon wrapped around shrimp? My mouth waters just hearing the words. In fact, we find that this is a great dish to prepare for company. Both when you have people over or when you are going to a potluck or the likes. Without fail people always say: You made bacon wrapped shrimp? And their eyes light up and bulge as they take it all in. This is widely seen as a very special and delectable dish. And rightly so. But what they don’t have to know is how truly simple this can be to prepare. It comes together with minimal fuss but with a very high return on your tastebud pleasure!
- 1 lb. 21-26 count shrimp
- 1 package of pepper jack cheese
- 1 package of center cut bacon (or enough for 1 slice of bacon per piece of shrimp)
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Cut cheese into 1 inch pieces (matchstick style). You need 1 slice per shrimp
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each shrimp
- Tuck a piece of cheese in between bacon and shrimp for each piece of shrimp
- Use toothpicks to pin bacon to the shrimp
- Place shrimp covered in refrigerator while you prepare the grill to medium-high
- Grill the shrimp for approximately 10 minutes or until bacon is cooked to desired "doneness". Make sure to keep an eye out for flare-ups
- Serve the shrimp immediately.