I don’t know about you, but now that the Christmas holiday feasting season is over, I am ready for some lighter fare! In fact, the first thing I did this morning was hit the gym, and then for lunch, I had this delightful broiled salmon caesar salad! Not only was it light and refreshing, but it was super simple to make. Everything in this dish is from Costco. (We are big Costco fans if you haven’t noticed!!) I bought a big caesar salad that already came with the dressing, parmesan, and croutons. I then bought a few salmon filets, and some Great King Salmon seasoning and rub from Aromatica. Don’t have a Costco membership? That’s fine, you can buy these simple ingredients separately at any grocery store! About twenty minutes in the oven and your salmon will be ready! So get out there and start your New Year’s resolution to healthier eating now! It’s really so much easier to keep your commitment to eating right when lighter food tastes this good!!
- 2-3 salmon filets
- 2 Tbls of Salmon seasoning per filet (We used Aromatica)
- 1 lb chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-2 c. of croutons
- Caesar Salad dressing (lite if you prefer)
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Generously coat each salmon fillet with a couple Tablespoons of the seasoning. Place on a baking sheet or pan.
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes. Then crank up the oven to broil, and broil the salmon for approximately 5 minutes until crisp. Remove the fillets from the oven and allow to cool. When cooled, dice up the salmon filets and assemble the salad. Toss romaine, dressing, croutons and parmesan together, and gently add the salmon to the top. Makes 4 servings of salad. Enjoy!!
Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen says
This salad looks great! I never thought about adding salmon to caesar salad, I always use chicken (how boring!)
You know what Kristi, I use chicken a lot too! But Salmon works great with a Caesar!! -and it makes me feel healthier!! 😉
Gloria // Simply Gloria says
Renee, this is such a refreshing dish to have …especially after all the junk I’ve eaten over the past week! (I have to admit I ate more candy from the boys’ stockings than they had eaten…those darn Hershey’s Kisses get me every time!!) Beautiful pictures, too. Really makes me want to grab it straight out of the screen. Have a fun NYE celebration next week! (=
That is EXACTLY how I feel Gloria. Time to get back on track!!:)
Layla @ Brunch Time Baker says
What a beautiful salad! I’ve never tried salmon in a salad before. Will pin this !
Thank you for the pin Layla! Salmon works well in a salad and is so simple and quick to prepare!!! Have a great New Year!!!!
Just saw a similar salad on a menu at a restaurant! Thanks for the recipe. Visiting from Marvelous Mondays..
That is so cool AnnMarie!! Thanks for stopping by!!
GiGi Eats Celebrities says
Absolutely delicious! Anything that has to do with salmon always makes me happy! 😀
Thank you GiGi, I agree!! -Your blog is hilarious by the way!! 🙂
A lighter dish sounds wonderful especially after all the indulgent and heavy treats I’ve been and still am in the midst of consuming hehe. The holiday family visits are almost over and will definitely need to try this caesar salad with salmon 🙂 Pinning and Happy New Year Renee!
You aren’t kidding! I am STILL in a sweets overload right now but that will change next week!! Happy New Year!!!