So I have been noticing that it has been over ten posts since I have given you a peanut butter and chocolate recipe.
That is simply way too long to go without peanut butter and chocolate in our lives and I deeply apologize. So without any further ado I give you this amazing Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Snack Cake.
This moist and airy cake actually has two layers of frosting on it. It is first topped with a peanut butter and cream cheese frosting that I have to tell you is out of this world delicious and on top of that is a decadent chocolate glaze.
Now I know it probably doesn’t look like a lot of peanut butter, but I am telling you that this peanut butter filling packs a punch!! After eating a piece of this cake my husband exclaimed that it was like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup on steroids and a friend said it tastes just like a piece of buckeye candy. I’m telling you that this cake is a chocolate and peanut butter lover’s dream come true!
I’m just going to warn you that this makes a very large sheet cake. So when you make it, make sure you have a crowd of people to feed it to. Because otherwise you just might find yourself eating the whole darn thing!! Don’t tell me you weren’t warned!! 😉
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 2 TBLS butter (softened)
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and foil and spray a jelly roll pan with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, place all cake ingredients except the coffee and blend together at medium speed until mixed, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- Add the coffee and mix just until blended. (It will be wet)
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake no longer jiggles in the center and a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside and allow to fully cool.
- Make the peanut butter filling by creaming the cream cheese together with the butter in a medium mixing bowl.. Then add the peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar and mix until fluffy. Spread the filling on the cooled cake.
- Make the chocolate glaze by melting the butter over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Remove from the heat and mix in the powdered sugar and milk. Frost the cake evenly with the glaze. Store the cake in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from: Leene’s Sweetest Delights
Try these other Peanut Butter and Chocolate treats: