And I especially like them when they are quick and easy to make. And when you use Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls, they are super fast and easy to make! The non-perforated crescent rolls are a staple in my refrigerator. And I use them often in pinwheel form. (Check out these White Chocolate Raspberry pinwheels, or these Pumpkin Pie pinwheels.)
Well lately I have been seeing crescent rolls made into braids of all sorts everywhere!! Savory braids, sweet braids, breakfast braids and lunch braids. Well I knew exactly how I wanted to make a crescent roll braid: stuffed with Nutella, peanut butter and bananas!!
This treat literally takes less than ten minutes to assemble. No bowls or mixing necessary!! You literally spread some Nutella, peanut butter and bananas on a laid out crescent roll, braid it up, pop it into the oven for a little less than twenty minutes, slice it up and enjoy!!
- 1 8 oz. tube of non-perforated refrigerated crescent rolls (I always use Pillsbury)
- 1/3 cup of Nutella
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced up
- 1 egg (beaten) -for the egg wash
- Hershey syrup (Optional) (I used a squeeze bottle)
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Spread out the crescent dough onto a greased cookie sheet and push it out with your fingers to the length of the sheet.
- Spread the Nutella down the center of the crescent dough and spread the peanut butter on top of that. Lay the banana pieces on top. (See photo)
- Cut the sides of the dough on the diagonal and carefully lay the pieces across the filling alternately. (See the photo)
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of the braid.
- Put the braid in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the braid is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle Hershey syrup over the top as garnish if desired. Remove to a serving tray and slice and serve while still warm. Enjoy!